Newark Auto Accident Injury Attorneys
Car Crash Law Firm Newark NJ
Car accidents occur on a daily basis on the highways and roadways in the state of New Jersey. No matter how cautious you are when driving, you can’t always protect yourself from dangerous or reckless drivers to prevent an auto accident in New Jersey.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Newark that was caused by the negligent or careless actions of another driver, you can protect your legal rights and file a claim for compensation. The cost of medical care is expensive and you don’t need to carry the burden all by yourself. Reach out to the personal injury attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC to learn about your legal rights as an accident victim. You might be eligible to file a personal injury claim to fight for financial compensation for your injuries and losses.
The attorneys at the law firm of Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC are incredibly knowledgeable with regard to Newark personal injury law and have been helping injured victims since 1965. Our hard-working lawyers will listen attentively to your accident story to determine the best type of claim to file on your behalf. Our job at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC is to fight for the legal rights of our clients in New Jersey.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, our automobile accident injury attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC can help you. Call us today for a free evaluation of your personal injury case.
Most Common Types Of Car Accidents In Newark
Most car accidents happen without any warning, leaving the occupants of the vehicles with injuries and feeling extremely frightened and vulnerable. There are many many different types of car accidents that take place in and around Newark. Here are the most common types of motor vehicle accidents that result in injury:
Vehicle Rollover – Rollover accidents occur when a vehicle tips over onto its side or roof. This type of accident is very dependent on the type of car involved. Typically cars that sit higher up tend to tip over and cause rollover accidents. Many factors affect these types of accidents such as road conditions, type of vehicles involved, environmental factors, and the individual driving the car.
Rear-End Collision – This type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the back of the vehicle in front of it. Common causes of rear-end collisions include distracted driving, poor road conditions, tailgating, quick stops, or reduced traction. Often times these accidents can cause chain reaction crashes which means multiple rear-end collisions occur in a row. Most of the time this occurs in poor weather conditions where traction is reduced due to rain, snow, or ice.
Head-On Collision – This type of accident occurs when the front of two vehicles crash into one another, nose to nose. Most of the time these accidents occur due to distracted driving and drivers who are unaware of certain traffic signs. Head-on collisions often cause catastrophic injuries and can result in death.
Side-Impact Collision – Another name for this type of accident is T-bone collisions. This is when the side of one or more vehicles is impacted by another car. Most of the time these crashes occur within intersections or parking lots. Often times a driver who runs a red light will crash into the side of another vehicle passing into the intersection causing impact to the side of the vehicle. The results of these types of collisions can be severe depending on the speed in which the cars were traveling at impact, the location of the impact, and the type of vehicles involved.
Single-Vehicle Accident – This type of accident involves only one vehicle. Typically these accidents are classified as single-vehicle accidents, rollovers, or accidents that involve a collision with an animal or other piece of debris in the roadway. Most of the time, a single-vehicle accident is caused by operator error. The most common factors that contribute to these types of accidents are driver fatigue, excessive speeding, driving under the influence, and distracted driving.
Sideswipe Collisions – These types of collisions occur when two cars that are parallel to one another collide. These accidents can be extremely serious depending on the speed at which the vehicles crash. Injuries resulting from this type of accident can range from minor to catastrophic.
Hit-and-Run Accidents – This type of accident occurs when one driver hits another vehicle, person, place, or thing, then leaves the scene. In New Jersey, a driver is required by law to stop and stay at the scene of an accident. If you do not, you have committed a hit-and-run. Those who don’t stay at the scene of an accident, especially an accident involving injury, will face large fines and possible jail time. These accidents can cause serious injury or death in certain cases.
Multi-Vehicle Collisions – This type of accident typically occurs on busy roads or highways. They involve multiple vehicles and can be very dangerous. Multi-vehicle accidents are the most commonly filed personal injury lawsuit. These types of accidents usually involve the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of one or more drivers.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact the car accident attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC today to discuss your injury accident to see if you have the right to pursue compensation.
Common Injuries Sustained In Car Accidents In Newark
Injuries that occur as a result of an auto accident can range from very minor cuts and bruises to serious, even life-threatening injuries that could have lasting effects on your quality of life. Death can result in the most serious accidents. Some of the most common injuries related to car accidents include the following:
- Lacerations: This type of injury includes cuts, bruises, and scrapes, which range from small to large in size and occur during an accident.
- Head Injuries: A head injury also known as a traumatic brain injury can be extremely serious. An injury to the head caused by a sudden jolt or hit directly to an individual’s head can create a disruption to the normal function of the brain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury is defined as any direct hit to the spinal cord that damages nerves within the spinal canal. It also can result in permanent changes in sensation, strength, and control of bodily functions.
- Chest Injuries: This type of injury normally involves strained chest muscles or bruised ribs. A more serious chest injury would include a broken sternum or internal bleeding.
- Leg Injuries: This type of injury includes minor strains and bruises to any part of the leg such as the thigh, calf, or foot. Depending on the collision, more serious leg injuries include a broken femur or broken tibia.
- Arm Injuries: Arm injuries include minor scrapes, bruises, or sprains. More serious arm injuries involve a broken humerus or broken wrist due to a very intense impact.
- Muscle Tears: This injury occurs from a strong force that specifically jolts into a certain body part. Muscle tears cause weakness in the joint and bruising, swelling, or redness can occur due to a torn muscle.
- Burn Injuries: Burn injuries are characterized as severe skin damage where the skin cells die from the heat touching the skin. Burns are classified into three categories including first, second, and third-degree burns.
- Neck Injuries: This type of injury typically involves the neck muscles straining. Individuals might experience difficulty turning their necks for a certain period of time due to inflammation and irritation within the muscles.
- Broken Bones: A broken bone typically occurs by the force of a crash, a fall, or an external object crashing into someone. The most common broken bones during a car crash are the femur, neck bones, ribs, pelvis, and ankles.
If you or a family member has been injured in a serious accident, you need to speak with a skilled car accident lawyer who can protect your victim’s rights and ensure that you get full and fair compensation for the injuries you incurred as a result of another driver’s negligence.
Leading Causes Of Car Accidents In New Jersey
Motor vehicle accidents can occur at any time on the roadways and highways in Newark and throughout New Jersey. A majority of car accidents happen due to the negligent actions of another driver. According to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, the total number of motor vehicle accidents throughout the state of New Jersey in 2017 was 270,231. Out of those crashes, there were 61,753 that caused injuries. Reports indicate that 1,134 of those accidents were due to cell phone usage. There are many reasons why motor vehicle accidents happen. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include the following:
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to follow traffic laws and signs
- Vehicle malfunction
- Running red lights
- Improper turns
- Tire Blowouts
- Construction sites
- Animal crossings
- Nighttime driving
If you or someone you care about is injured in a car accident due to the carelessness or reckless actions of another driver in New Jersey, you may have the right to file a personal injury claim for your losses and injuries. Contact the Newark personal injury attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC today to discuss your claim.
Who is Liable in An Auto Accident in Newark?
If a driver is responsible for causing an accident that resulted in the injury or death of another motorist or passenger, a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit will usually follow. These are complex and complicated legal matters that require the guidance of a skilled personal injury lawyer who knows and understands all of the laws in New Jersey pertaining to these accidents and the injuries they cause. There are many reasons why vehicle accidents happen. If a driver is caught doing the following, then they may be held liable:
- Driving while impaired
- Driving with worn-out tires
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to obey road signs
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to use windshield wipers
If you or someone you love has been involved in a vehicle accident that caused injuries, seek advice from our knowledgeable attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC. We want to help you fight for the best compensation settlement.
What Is Reasonable Care In New Jersey?
Reasonable care is defined as the degree of caution someone uses in certain circumstances. This means using your best judgment to adjust the way you are operating your vehicle based on any obstacles you might face. Listed below are some examples of reasonable care:
- Leaving a safe braking distance
- Using turn signals
- Limiting distractions
- Making sure windows are clean
- Leaving reasonable space between all vehicles around you
- Watching out for obstacles on the roadways
- Driving the speed limit
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Car Accident In Newark
Motor vehicle accidents can be very overwhelming and scary for everyone involved. Couple that with a serious injury that resulted from your accident and anxiety levels only increase. Most of the time these situations are very unexpected and can cause lifelong consequences to victims’ lives. Their entire world can change in a split second. Follow the steps below following a motor vehicle accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately: It is crucial to seek care from a medical professional no matter the type of injury you encountered. Make sure you explain exactly what happened during the accident and describe all symptoms you are experiencing. It is important to describe all of your pain so the doctors can properly treat all of your injuries. Let the doctors diagnose your injuries and formulate the best treatment plan. If you request a full examination after the accident, doctors will ensure all of your injuries will be addressed and properly treated.
- Contact law enforcement: After the emergency responders have been called, the police should be contacted so they can create a report of the scene. A police write up is essential in filing a claim for any vehicle accident. There must be evidence on what obstacles were near the accident scene and what occurred during the accident. If you are able to request a handwritten copy of the police report, then do so. Do not stress if you are unable to request a copy because your personal injury attorney can request a copy of the accident report on your behalf. Either way this is crucial information to have when filing a legal claim.
- Collect evidence: While you may not be able to leave the car and assess the accident scene. If you are able to, gather as much evidence as possible. It is important to take pictures and videos of the accident to give police and attorneys an exact picture of the accident scene. It is helpful to have pictures of the vehicles involved, the objects surrounding the scene, and the road conditions. Additionally, make sure that you write down the contact information, driver’s license, and insurance of all other parties involved.
- Don’t say anything: At the scene of the accident, don’t admit to anything involving the accident. Anything you say could be used against you in a legal claim. This can greatly impact the ability to file a legal claim against the other individuals involved in the car accident. Contact a car accident attorney right after the accident to communicate and file a legal claim on your behalf. The attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC can help you investigate the entire accident and file the appropriate legal claim. Our attorneys understand that you need to focus on your personal recovery so let us handle your case for you. We have the resources necessary to help you recover from your losses.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by the negligence of another individual, protect your legal rights and seek advice from an attorney at Brady Reilly & Cardoso. Contact the attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC to discuss the specifics surrounding your injury accident with a skilled, knowledgeable and compassionate car accident lawyer who can tell you if you have the right to compensation.
Car Accident Injury Attorney In Newark
If you have sustained injuries in a vehicle accident that was caused by another person’s negligent actions, don’t wait to seek legal advice about your personal injury matter. Pursue advice from any one of our well-respected car accident attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC.
Our attorneys will carefully research every aspect of your accident to ensure you receive the most compensation for the injuries that you endured at the hands of another person. It is important for us to determine the full value of your claim first and then negotiate the exact compensation available. We are here to fight for your legal rights.
The attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC completely understand how overwhelming car accidents can be. We understand the ramifications of a serious injury accident and the effects it can have on your entire life. We want to help you get back on your feet again.
If you were involved in a car accident and sustained injuries, reach out to one of our car accident attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC to protect your victim rights. We have the experience, the time, and the resources needed to ensure a positive outcome for our injury victims.
Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC has been around since 1965 offering reliable legal services in Newark and throughout New Jersey. Let us help you with your car accident claim to ensure that you receive full and fair compensation for your injuries. Our car accident attorneys are here to help you so you can focus on your personal recovery. Call us today to find out how we can assist you. Contact us at (201)-719-5237.