Kearny Car Accident Lawyer
If you get injured in a car accident, you may not know where to turn for assistance with your injury claim. The insurance company and its representatives do not want what is best for you. In the meantime, you are facing serious injuries and uncertainty about your future. An experienced New Jersey car accident lawyer can help you protect your rights and fight for justice.
At Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, we are passionate about standing up for car accident victims who have been injured by the careless and reckless actions of others. If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident in Kearny, find out how we can help. We offer free initial case evaluations and accept clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay unless we win.
Why Choose Us
- We have been representing injured accident victims since 1965. Our law firm has what it takes to defend your rights, even if that means taking your case to trial.
- We are certified trial lawyers with a reputation for aggressive litigation and taking cases to court. We have achieved favorable settlements and verdicts on even the most complex cases.
- Your lawyer will use a personalized strategy that is custom-tailored to your unique case, needs and goals to achieve the best possible results.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Kearny
Although the insurance company handling your claim may make you believe it has your best interests in mind, it only wants one thing: to protect its bottom line. The insurance company will use many tactics to try to take advantage of you, including underestimating your future medical needs. A car accident attorney in Kearny, on the other hand, will want you to recover maximum financial compensation. You can trust an attorney to act within your best interests throughout the legal process.
An attorney can take care of difficult legal tasks on your behalf while you undergo medical treatments or are in recovery. A law firm that specializes in car accident cases can return to the scene of the crash, reconstruct the collision, hire qualified subject-matter experts and take other steps to build the strongest possible claim to financial compensation. Having an attorney represent you will enable you to concentrate on healing with the assurance that an experienced professional is on your side.
What Is New Jersey’s No-Fault Law?
New Jersey is one of only a few states that uses a no-fault car insurance rule. This rule requires all drivers involved in automobile accidents to seek financial compensation from their own insurance providers, regardless of fault, unless they purchase “unlimited right to sue” insurance or their injuries are serious. Drivers in New Jersey who choose the “limited right to sue” option must carry personal injury protection (PIP) car insurance.
PIP insurance will cover your damages even if you didn’t cause the accident. You may wish to file a third-party claim instead, however, if you have the legal right to do so. A third-party lawsuit can result in greater financial compensation for your injuries and losses. Keep in mind that you or your attorney will have to prove that the defendant is responsible for your collision. With a no-fault claim, on the other hand, proving fault is not required for coverage.
Common Causes of New Jersey Car Accidents
If a car accident gave you or a loved one significant scarring or disfigurement, disability, complex bone fractures, or the loss of a fetus, you may be able to file a lawsuit outside of New Jersey’s no-fault insurance system. In this case, you or your lawyer must determine fault before you can start the legal process. Determining fault for an automobile accident requires identifying the cause of the crash. Some of the most common causes in Kearny are:
- Distracted driving
- Cell phone use while driving
- Driving while impaired
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
- Tailgating or road-rage driving
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Inexperienced driver
- Poorly maintained vehicle
- Roadway defects
Most vehicle collisions in New Jersey stem from preventable driver errors or lapses in judgment. Some, however, are the fault of the government, such as collisions caused by roadway defects and poor street maintenance. An attorney can help you determine the cause of your car accident and the defendant(s) after a thorough investigation of the crash.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
When choosing your car accident lawyer in Kearny, it is important to find a law firm that specifically handles your case type. Different types of accidents come with different related laws and statutes. At Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, we have almost 50 years of experience handling automobile accident cases. We accept the following crash types:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents (Uber and Lyft)
- Rear-end collisions
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist accidents
- Work vehicle accidents
- Catastrophic accidents
- Fatal accidents
If you don’t see your type of vehicle accident on this list, contact us for an in-depth evaluation of your specific case. We personalize our legal strategies for each case and client to maximize their results.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Kearny
Protect your rights after a car accident by taking the following steps and actions after your crash, if possible:
- Call the police. Always report a car crash to the police in New Jersey, whether it is major or minor.
- Do not admit fault. Don’t apologize or admit fault for the accident when speaking to the other driver or an insurance company.
- Take photographs. Take pictures of the crash scene and gather evidence, such as eyewitness statements, if you can.
- Get medical care. Go to a hospital right away for professional medical care. Explain to the physician that you were in a car accident.
- Don’t trust the insurance company. Do not give the insurance company a recorded statement or accept a settlement until you have spoken to an attorney.
Finally, consult with a car accident lawyer before signing anything from the insurance company. A lawyer can help you with the legal process after a car accident.
Contact Our Kearny Car Accident Lawyers Today
At Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, we care about injured crash victims and are passionate about helping them recover the financial compensation they deserve. Contact us now by calling (201) 997-0030 for a free initial case review with one of our attorneys. We will make sure you have everything you need during this difficult time.