Newark Wrongful Death Attorney
Have you lost a loved one due to the reckless or careless actions of a third party? Are you trying to cope with their passing while managing funeral arrangements, remaining medical bills, and navigating the insurance claim process? Let the trusted lawyers at Brady Reilly & Cardoso help you.
If you’re looking for a trusted legal partner who seeks maximum compensation in wrongful death cases, contact our offices today at (201) 636-1993 or book your appointment online.
Newark Wrongful Death Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Why Choose Our Attorneys?
How Our Lawyers Can Help
Examples Of Different Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful Death Vs. Survival Claims
Timeline to File a Wrongful Death Claim
Potential Damages in Your Case
Call an Attorney Today
Why Select Our Newark Wrongful Death Attorneys?
Here are the notable reasons why Brady Reilly & Cardoso is a top Newark wrongful death law firm.
- Our lawyers are experienced in winning tough wrongful death cases. When we win, we recover substantial damages for our clients.
- We will only accept compensation if we win your case. You never have to worry about hourly billing as we work on your case. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay our team if we win your case.
- We understand the varied tactics insurance companies use against you. Insurance adjusters are trained to deny and undervalue claims as much as possible. Our Newark personal injury lawyer knows just how insurance companies operate and the best methods to subvert them.
How Our Newark Wrongful Death Lawyers Can Help Your Case
Here’s how the experienced attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso can help you:
- Gathering Evidence: Our wrongful death lawyers will meticulously gather evidence related to your case, including medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and any other pertinent information needed to build a strong foundation for your claim.
- Managing and Collecting Documentation: Our team will handle the organization and collection of essential documents, ensuring that nothing is overlooked in your case.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Our lawyers excel in negotiating with insurance companies to secure a fair and just settlement for you.
- Representing You In Court: If negotiations fail to reach a fair settlement, our lawyers will skillfully represent your case, presenting a compelling argument to seek the compensation your family deserves.
- Providing Legal Guidance: Our attorneys offer expert guidance throughout the entire legal process, advising you on the best course of action for your Newark wrongful death case.
What Are Examples Of Different Types of Wrongful Death Cases?
Examples of wrongful death cases include the following situations:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- DUI & DWI Accidents
- Mass Transit Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Catastrophic Injury
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Product Liability
- Workplace Injury
Remember that any personal injury case that results in the death of the victim could be considered a wrongful death case. Additionally, crimes that result in the victim’s death can be considered wrongful death cases. From slip and falls to car accident lawsuits in Newark, our legal team is here to help.
At Brady Reilly & Cardoso, we make it our mission to bring the negligent and reckless individuals who caused your loved one’s death to justice. Even if their actions were accidental, that does not mean that you and your family should suffer costly emotional and financial harm due to their actions.
Who May File A Wrongful Death Claim in Newark?
According to NJ Rev Stat § 2A:31-2 (2021), only the estate’s administrator or executor may file a wrongful death claim. This individual is selected by the deceased in their will before they pass or by the judge in court proceedings.
The administrator could be a family member, or they could be a lawyer or friend of the deceased. Regardless, if you are part of the deceased’s family, you can hire a lawyer to represent you and your loved ones in this proceeding.
Understanding Wrongful Death Vs. Survival Claims in Newark
There are two main types of claims involving wrongful death legal action in New Jersey. Eligible survivors or the estate’s representative can seek the following types of claims:
- Survival Claims: This is an action for damages on behalf of the deceased individual. This would be as if the deceased were still alive and could bring the claim themselves, which includes their pain and suffering before they died.
- Wrongful Death Claims: This is an action pertaining to the death itself. This is for recovering damages such as medical, funeral, or burial expenses.
How Long Do You Have to File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In New Jersey, the estate’s administrator has at least two years to file a claim, according to the statute of limitations in wrongful death cases.
For wrongful death cases resulting from murder or manslaughter, there is no time limit in which an individual can file a case.
What Potential Damages Are Available In My Wrongful Death Case?
While it’s nearly impossible to estimate how much a case would pay out in damages to you or your loved one, it’s important to understand the types of expenses a wrongful death case compensates you and your family for.
Damages from a wrongful death case can cover the following expenses:
- Funeral or Burial Costs
- Remaining Medical Expenses, Debts, or Bills
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Value of Household Services
Additionally, a wrongful death case can cover the intangible expenses that the surviving family members may experience as a result of death. This includes the following:
- Loss of Companionship
- Loss of Consortium
- Loss of Care and Guidance
Newark Residents Trust Brady Reilly & Cardoso
Since 1965, the firm of Brady Reilly & Cardoso has been fighting for wrongful death victims and their families. Newark residents choose us because we always treat our clients and their families with the dignity, respect, and compassion they deserve – especially in cases of wrongful death cases.
Our track record speaks for itself, with over $16 million in jury verdicts and settlements won for clients during our firm’s history. Our mission is to get you the compensation you deserve due to the tragedy your family has experienced.
Additionally, we show our commitment to your case by never charging you a cent in your wrongful death case unless we win or settle successfully.
So there’s no risk in reaching out to our office by booking a free case review online or by calling (201) 636-1993. Contact us today.