East Newark Car Accident Lawyer
If you are injured in a car accident in East Newark, NJ, the personal injury lawyers at Brady Reilly & Cardoso want to help. Contact us for a free case review so we can discuss how we can help.
Do’s and Don’ts After an East Newark Car Accident
It is crucial to the success and outcome of your claim to know what to do, as well as what not to do after an East Newark, NJ car accident.
Here are some things to do after a car accident in East Newark, New Jersey:
- Seek medical attention – Seek prompt medical attention so your injuries can be properly diagnosed, documented, and treated.
- Report the accident – The other driver might try to convince you it’s not necessary to report the accident or they’ll pay for damages. But you probably don’t know the long-term impact the crash might have on you or the full extent of your injuries. Plus, it’s the law, so be sure to immediately report the accident.
- Get the other driver’s information – Ask for the other driver’s contact, insurance, and driver’s license information. If any witnesses stopped at the scene, ask for their contact information, too.
- Gather evidence at the scene – Do your best to take pictures with your cell phone of the accident scene. Include wide angles and close-ups, including pictures of any relevant traffic signs, property damage, and skid marks on the road.
- Keep all information related to the accident – Keep the originals of all medical records, doctor’s notes, prescriptions, medical bills, estimates or invoices for vehicle repairs, rideshare service payments, check stubs, and other information related to the accident and your financial losses.
And here are some things not to do after a car accident:
- Delay medical treatment – Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately, so you might not think you were injured in the crash. Or, you may be worried about paying expensive medical bills and hope the pain will just go away. But one of the best ways you can protect your claim for fair compensation is to seek prompt medical attention and have a complete medical examination. This can help ensure your injuries are properly documented and you can begin receiving the medical treatment you need.
- Ignore doctor’s orders – Your doctor may instruct you not to work. You might want to disregard this advice, but don’t do it. It’s important you give your body a chance to heal. Plus, if you ignore your doctor’s orders, the insurance company could claim your injuries are due to this factor instead of the accident and try to deny you fair compensation.
- Talking about the accident to others – Anyone you talk to about the accident could be brought in
- Try to handle your claim alone – Insurance adjusters are skilled at getting accident victims to accept a minimal amount of compensation and give up their rights to pursue more. You’re already dealing with a serious injury, so you don’t need to try to handle your claim alone. Reach out to a skilled car accident lawyer for help.
- Fail to keep in touch with your lawyer – Your lawyer is there to help you. Stay in touch with them and report any updates or changes in your injuries, treatments, problems you are experiencing, pain, and any other factors that can impact your case.
Contact Our Compassionate Team Today
At Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, our commitment to serving accident victims stretches across various areas and types of accidents. Apart from representing victims of car accidents in East Newark, we also cater to those in need of an East Newark Truck Accident Attorney, a Harrison, NJ Car Accident Attorney, or a Harrison, NJ Truck Accident Lawyer. Be it a car collision or a truck mishap, our skilled professionals are ready to assist you in your pursuit of justice and rightful compensation.