Harrison, NJ Car Accident Attorney
Being involved in a car accident is one of the most traumatic events you can experience. Your very life can flash before your eyes. You may suffer catastrophic, life-altering injuries or even lose a loved one in the same crash. The compassionate Harrison car accident lawyers at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC have a deep understanding of the difficulties victims face. We are here to help guide you through the complex legal system to help alleviate the financial burden you are facing because of a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault.
Personal injury laws exist to help accident victims recover fair compensation after they were injured because of someone else’s negligence. But insurance companies do not want accident victims to know their rights or obtain all of the compensation they are entitled to. A lawyer from our firm can help level the playing field to ensure your rights are protected. Call us today for a free case review to discuss your case and how we can help.
What To Do After a Harrison Car Accident
If you are ever involved in a car accident in Harrison, NJ, it is critical that you know what to do. These accidents can be terrifying and confusing, but by staying calm and following these steps, you can protect your health and your legal rights. The steps you should take include:
- Contact law enforcement – Contact the police and inform them of the accident. A law enforcement officer may respond to the scene, investigate the accident, and prepare a report, which can be helpful for your insurance claim. Ask how to get a copy of the report once it is complete.
- Seek medical treatment – If you or anyone else was injured, you should mention this when you contact law enforcement. Give emergency responders accurate information about the crash and explain any symptoms you are experiencing. If you did not receive medical care immediately after the accident, seek it promptly following it.
- Collect evidence – If you are physically able, collect evidence at the accident scene. Ask for the other driver’s information, including their name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information. Take pictures of the vehicles, road conditions, and damage to all vehicles involved in the crash. Ask witnesses for their names and contact information. This evidence can quickly become lost or destroyed after the accident, so this might be your one shot to document the scene.
- Do not admit fault – It’s normal to say “I’m sorry” after an accident, even one that wasn’t your fault. However, saying this or anything else that implies the accident was your fault could be used against you as an admission of fault.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer – You are already suffering serious injuries and other significant consequences from the car crash. Do not try to handle the claims process alone. The car accident lawyers from Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC can file your claim, manage case deadlines, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
Reach Out to Our Harrison Car Accident Lawyers for Assistance
If you were injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, turn to the experienced legal team at Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC for help. We have the necessary skills and resources to handle even the most complex injury cases. We will help pursue maximum compensation for your losses. Call us today to get started with your claim.
If you find yourself involved in an accident beyond Harrison, it’s crucial to know who to contact. If you’re in need of a Harrison, NJ Truck Accident Lawyer, or perhaps a Rutherford, NJ Car Accident Lawyer, or even a Rutherford, NJ Truck Accident Attorney, our network of specialized professionals is here to assist you, ensuring that you have the best representation no matter where your incident takes place.