East Rutherford Car Accident Attorney
For over 65 years, Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC has helped accident victims recover fair compensation following motor vehicle accidents. We love our community and take great pride in being an active part of it. One of our favorite things to do is watch a NY Giants game at MetLife Stadium. However, we have seen firsthand the lifelong consequences when someone decides to drink during a game and then gets behind the wheel. If you were injured by a drunk driver or other careless driver, contact our firm for a free case review where we can discuss your legal rights and options for financial recovery.
The Effects of Drinking on Driving
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drinking alcohol can cause the following negative effects on a person’s ability to safely drive:
- Difficulty tracking a moving target
- Difficulty performing two or more tasks at the same time
- Reduced coordination
- Difficulty steering and maintaining the same lane
- Reduced response to emergency driving situations
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty controlling speed
- Short-term memory loss
- Difficulty recognizing signals
- Impaired perception
- Difficulty in processing visual or auditory information
If you were injured by a drunk driver, you shouldn’t have to confront the financial burden brought on by someone else’s careless decision to drink and drive. We can help you pursue a claim for compensation against the drunk driver and any other responsible parties.
Dram Shop Liability
Under New Jersey law, if you were injured by a drunk driver, you may have a separate claim against the party responsible for serving the drunk driver who went on to injure you. For example, you may be able to file a claim against a bar, restaurant, or even the stadium if they or their employee:
- Served a visibly intoxicated individual who crashed into you
- Knew or reasonably should have known the person they were serving was under the age of 21
Social Host Liability
New Jersey law also allows car accident victims to bring claims against social hosts who serve alcohol to a guest who causes an accident in some circumstances. For example, if the drunk driver went to a friend’s house to watch a game, drank, and then crashed into you, you might be able to make a claim against the friend if you can show all of the following:
- The driver was visibly intoxicated in front of the social host
- The circumstances created an unreasonable risk of harm
- You were injured in a car accident caused by the intoxicated driver
You can also file a claim if the host served an underage driver alcohol.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Whether you were injured by a drunk driver or any other careless driver, an experienced car accident lawyer can help with your claim by:
- Investigating the accident and identifying all potentially at-fault parties
- Gathering evidence to establish how the accident occurred, which may include surveillance footage, photos, and/or medical records
- Determining the long-term costs of your damages
- Handling communication with the insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Negotiating for fair compensation for your claim so you can focus on your recovery
Get Help with Your Car Accident Claim
The East Rutherford car accident lawyers at Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC can help fight for compensation for medical bills, lost wages, household services, property damage, pain, suffering, and any other losses you’ve experienced because of someone else’s carelessness. Call us today to learn more.
At Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC, our commitment to justice goes beyond car accidents. If you’ve been involved in a ridesharing mishap, a collision, or larger vehicle incidents, our East Rutherford Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney, Lyndhurst Car Accident Lawyer, and Lyndhurst Truck Accident Lawyer are well-equipped to guide you through the legal landscape. With years of experience across various accident scenarios, we ensure you get the most informed and dedicated representation tailored to your situation.