Rutherford, NJ Truck Accident Attorney
Were you hurt in a Rutherford truck accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffered. But you can’t expect the truck company to simply hand over the money you’re entitled to. They will likely fight to minimize your payout as much as possible, which can be distressing when you’re already dealing with serious injuries caused by their driver’s negligence. Turn to the dedicated legal team at Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC today for your free case review.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Rutherford
Truck accidents can occur for various reasons, but some of the most common include:
- Drowsy driving – Tired drivers are a serious threat, especially when they are driving vehicles upwards of 80,000 pounds. Hours of service rules exist to prevent accidents caused by truck driver fatigue, but many drivers and companies violate these rules.
- Speeding – Trucking companies are paid by the load, so they are incentivized to complete as many trips as quickly as possible. This is why you have likely spotted speeding truck drivers along major trucking routes in or near Rutherford, such as Highway 46, Route 3, Route 17, Route 120, I-95W, or I-80. But speeding puts other motorists at risk because it increases the stopping distance required for a driver to avoid a collision, which is already much more in a big truck.
- Distracted driving – Truck drivers may be unfamiliar with the route and be paying attention to their GPS instead of the road. They may also be listening to instructions from dispatch. They could also eat and drink during driving so they don’t take as much time off the road. Anything that takes the driver’s focus off of driving can pose a risk to other motorists.
- Poor truck maintenance – There are strict guidelines regarding pre-trip inspections and truck maintenance that trucking companies must follow. When they violate these rules, trucks may be in a dangerous condition that puts other motorists at risk.
- Overloaded or unsecured cargo – Federal regulations require cargo be loaded carefully into trucks so that it is properly secured and the balance does not shift during transit. If these regulations are not followed, the cargo can shift or fall off the truck.
An experienced truck accident lawyer can investigate the crash, determine how it was caused, and pursue maximum recovery for the losses you suffered.
Compensation You May Be Able to Recover from a Rutherford Truck Accident
Truck accidents can cause severe injuries. Accident victims may be able to recover compensation for their accident-related losses, which might include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, emergency medical services, ambulance charges, prescriptions, and ongoing care
- Lost wages and reduced income capacity
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
- Permanent disability, scarring, or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
An experienced truck accident lawyer can analyze your case details and explain its potential value.
Contact Our Experienced Rutherford Truck Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in a truck accident, you need a law firm with the resources necessary to obtain maximum compensation. You need Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC. Call us today for your free consultation.
For victims of other vehicular accidents in the area, our expert legal team is versatile. Whether you’re seeking an East Rutherford Car Accident Attorney, an East Rutherford Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney, or a Lyndhurst Car Accident Lawyer, Brady Reily & Cardoso, LLC is equipped to support your claim. Ensure you have the best representation for your case.