Hoboken Rideshare Accident Attorney
Accidents involving rideshare vehicles are very different from traditional motor vehicle collisions. If you are involved in an accident with a rideshare driver, you can feel confused and frustrated. In these situations, you need an attorney who can help you recover the compensation that you deserve.
The Hoboken rideshare accident lawyers at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC represent victims of these collisions in their claims against Uber and Lyft drivers. Whether you were a pedestrian, motorist, or passenger, our lawyers will work tirelessly to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Us for Your Hoboken Rideshare Accident Case
- Our firm has been in operation for over 50 years. Our lawyers have the skills and experience necessary to help you navigate your rideshare accident claim.
- We understand the importance of responsiveness and commitment. Our Hoboken rideshare accident lawyers will be available to answer any questions and provide important updates throughout your case.
- We take cases on a contingency fee basis to limit your out-of-pocket expenses. You will only be charged legal fees if we win a settlement in your case.
Legal Options for Rideshare Accident Victims in Hoboken
New Jersey has specific laws regarding accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers. Unlike the state’s typical no-fault rules for car accidents, victims of these collisions have the right to pursue a claim against an on-duty rideshare driver directly.
Depending on the status of the driver at the time of the accident, you could pursue one of two types of claims:
- You could file a claim against the rideshare driver’s personal car insurance policy.
- You could file a claim against the rideshare company’s commercial liability insurance policy.
Uber and Lyft only provide coverage if the driver is logged into the app at the time of the collision. Additionally, you could also pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver if his or her insurance is not sufficient to pay for your losses.
If you are unsure which pathway to take, schedule a consultation with a Hoboken rideshare accident attorney at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC. Our lawyers can assess your case and identify your optimal path forward. We can also help you understand how to file an insurance claim or lawsuit and guide you through each stage of your case.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Rideshare Injury Claim?
Rideshare accidents can result in serious damages, like physical injuries, financial hardships, and psychological distress. By filing a rideshare accident claim, you could secure a financial settlement to pay for these losses.
Damages available in rideshare accident claims may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All past and future medical expenses related to your accident
- Lost wages during your recovery period
- Loss of future earnings if you are unable to return to your job
- Property damage that you sustained in the accident
- Chronic pain, permanent disability, and other types of physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other forms of emotional pain and suffering
Contact a Hoboken Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
The aftermath of a rideshare collision can be devastating, but you are not alone. If you were injured in a Hoboken rideshare accident, the attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC can help.
Our lawyers have fought for the rights of injured people for over 50 years. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your pathways to compensation.